After three weeks of direct and indirect work, I eventually finished the project.
I used Autodesk Maya, Mental Ray, Autodesk Mudbox, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe After Effects
I used maya PaintFX to populate plants through the scene and integrated them into Mental Ray. If several people ask for, a making of would be available soon…
(originally posted by http://www.elementalray.wordpress.com)
You can find the presentation here: nVidia Advanced Rendering and Ray tracing
You can also find a short blurb about coming features here: ARC Forum SIGGRAPH recap
Mentioned are features such as:
- Ambient Occlusion on the GPU with mental ray
- Layered shaders (layered components) that include the SSS shader without lightmapping. They have their own framebuffer mechanism with passes for added flexibility in OEM packages.
- Object lights with a new shader independent of OEM integrations
- Light Importance Sampling (IS) and Material Importance Sampling. This makes the usage of objects as area lights much easier and faster than before
- Multiple Motion Transforms (think curved paths and light streaks)
- Light Path Expressions (LPE) in iray
- Kepler support for iray 3 in mental ray